Funeral Home became a reality in 1943 with the purchase of the Ross
Funeral Home by Joe and Anna Crofts. The first funeral home was
located at the corner of Nugent Steet and HWY 290 in Johnson
City. Joe and Anna built a new building at the corner of Ave E and
Elm Street in 1947. This building continues to serve the families
of Johnson City and surrounding communities. In 1967 the decision
was made to extend service to Blanco where a new funeral home was
built. With the help of his parents Joe and Anna, H.E.
(Butch) and his new wife Linda Crofts moved to Blanco and opened
the new facility. A few years later Joe and Anna sold the funeral
home in Johnson City to Butch and Linda.
Summer 2007, Gordon Crow joined the firm and was located at the
Johnson City location. In December 2012, Butch and Linda retired
upon the sale of the business to Gordon Crow at which time Gordon
changed the name to Crofts-Crow Funeral Homes.